This is the perfect go-to dish for a summer BBQ or simply for an everyday satisfying meal any time of year.
- ½ cup Sabra Hummus (choose your favourite style)
- 1½ pounds ground beef or lamb
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- ¼ cup minced parsley
- ¼ cup minced mint
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large pickle sliced thinly in rounds
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 large tomato (thinly sliced into rounds)
- 8 hamburger buns, (split and lightly toasted)
Yield: 8 small burgers, 6 large burgers
Active Time: 20 minutes
- In a medium sized bowl, combine ground beef or lamb, spices, lemon juice and egg. With wet hands shape into 8, 3½ inch diameter, patties.
- In a large grill pan, warm 3 tbsp. olive oil over medium heat. Grill burgers until nicely browned on each side, about 3-4 minutes.
- Place the bottom of the buns on plates. Spread a layer of hummus on the bun. Top with burger, sliced pickles, lettuce and sliced tomato. Spread more hummus on top of the bun.
- Then press on the bun tops and enjoy.
Recipe by Colombe Jacobsen