Hummus Mashed Potatoes
This is a lighter, dairy-free version of the classic mashed potatoes. Try with your favorite Sabra Hummus flavour for a nice variation—like Chipotle Hummus for a delicious smoky taste, or Supremely Spicy for a nice kick.
- 1? cup Sabra hummus
- 6 yellow potatoes (about 5 cups peeled and cubed)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 1 lemon (cut into 6 wedges)
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley (finely chopped)
Yield: 6 servings
Active Time: 15 minutes
Start To Finish: 45 minutes
- Peel the potatoes and place in a bowl of water to cover (this will prevent discoloration).
- Cut the potatoes into 1½ inch cubes and place in a medium sized pot with enough water to cover and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Bring to a boil and simmer over medium heat for about 30 minutes, or until a fork goes gently through the potatoes.
- Once cooked, drain the potatoes and place back into the pot over medium heat until the moisture comes out of the potatoes and they appear dry. (about 3 minutes).
- Remove from the heat. In the same pot start mashing the potatoes with a potato masher.
- Add 1 1/3 cup Sabra hummus and 2 tbsp. olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Top with a sprinkling of fresh parsley and serve with a lemon wedge to squeeze overtop.
Recipe by Colombe Jacobsen