- 1-283g container of Sabra Classic Hummus
- 226g lamb shoulder, roughly chopped by hand
- 1/4 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 tablespoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon Za'atar seasoning
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Paprika, chopped parsley and extra virgin olive oil to garnish
Special Equipment: broad, shallow plate or platter
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl to marinate lamb. Set aside in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Let Sabra Classic Hummus come to room temperature and place in a medium bowl (approx. 30 minutes).
- Sautée lamb in olive oil over high heat until meat is fully cooked.
- Place in bowl and cover.
- Vigorously whip hummus with a wooden spoon or sturdy rubber spatula for 1-2 minutes. Hummus will incorporate air and look light and fluffy.
- Place hummus in the center of a broad, shallow plate or platter.
- Insert back of wooden spoon into the middle of hummus and turn bowl to create a center well.
- Place warm garnishes in center of hummus.
- Decorate with paprika, chopped parsley and extra virgin olive oil
Serve with warm Pita Bread.