Za'atar Honey Roasted Carrots with Creamy Hummus Sauce
- 1 lb multi coloured carrots large ones cut into 1/2" thick pieces, peeled
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp za'atar
- 1 tbsp honey
- pinch of fleur de sel
Coconut Hummus Sauce
- 1 container of Sabra Classic Hummus
- 1/2 cup lite coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- juice of 1/2 lemon or to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tbsp pomegranate arils
- 3 tbsp pistachios shelled and crushed
- 3 tbsp parsley minced
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Combine the carrots with the oil, butter, cumin and za'atar in a baking dish or baking sheet.
- Roast the carrots for 20 to 23 minutes, or until the carrots are crisp tender, so that a fork inserted into the middle of one yields a little bit of resistance.
- Remove the pan and drizzle the carrots with honey. Return the baking dish to the oven for an additional 5 to 7 minutes, or until the carrots are tender and gently caramelized. Sprinkle with fleur de sel. Keep warm.
- When ready to serve, smear some of the sauce onto the bottom of a serving platter or tray. Top with the carrots. Garnish with the feta cheese, pomegranate arils, pistachios, and parsley and serve the remaining sauce on the side.